Glenn has over thirty four years’ experience in the rail industry both with Government Authorities and Private Industry. He has extensive experience in Project Management of rail Infrastructure Projects as well as Engineering and General Management.
Strengths & Skills
- Experience in Project Management of Rail projects in live environments.
- General Management of Engineering Divisions.
- Application of new technology and innovation.
- Engineering Management and implementation of Asset Management processes.
Rail Planning Services – General Manager , 2014 – Present
Working with Directors and employees to optimize process & systems and to support sustained growth of Rail Planning
John Holland Rail – CRN – Asset & Engineering Services Manager, 2011 – 2014
Managing the Engineering Services section of the JHR Country Regional Network contract, including developing and managing Engineering standards, Technical Compliance, Integrated Support and Configuration Management. Established Engineering processes to meet JHR Rail Safety Accreditation and
conform to the JHR CRN SMS. Board Member of the Trackwork Services Alliance with RailCorp/Sydney Trains.
John Holland – NSW Rail Operations Manager, 2007 – 2011
Managing John Holland resourcing of Rail Projects in NSW via regional depots at Auburn & Rutherford. Responsibility for minor works contracts and growing capability in asset management and maintenance.
Board member of the Trackwork Services Alliance with RailCorp
Project Director IPR , 2006 – 2007
- Developing and implementing an Integrated Project Review (IPR) process and software system across Railcorp. Using Primavera as a software and Project Management tool. Relieving the General Manager, Major Projects
Project Director New Infrastructure, June 2004 – May 2006
- Overseeing the management of the ECRL Interface projects, Stabling developments at Gosford and Wollongong, A program of safety related yard works and developing a team for the co- ordination of Rail Corp owner provided works for TIDC projects.
Project Manager ECRL Interface Project, January 2002 – June 2004
- Managing a multi- discipline Project Team planning and constructing stage and final works at the live interfaces with ECRL. Plus enabling and Bridgeworks at Parramatta Interchange The works were valued at approx. $130m
- Acting Reliability Manager RSA
- Commercial Business Manager RSA
- Manager Construction Operations RSA
- Metropolitan Construction Engineer -SRA
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) University of Sydney
- Master of Engineering Science UNSW
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management Deakin
- Life Member Permanent Way Institution
- Chartered Professional Engineer EA Aust
- Member AREMA