- Adam has over 15 years’ experience in the railway industry within both government and private sector organisations. Adam has a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) from Monash University. His main experience is within the Rail Sector as he has worked for RailCorp, Laing O’Rourke, Leightons, TfNSW and ARTC.
- Adam is a competent Track Engineer with excellent communication, organization and co-ordination skills. He held the qualification of Track Inspector whilst at RailCorp and Laing O’Rourke. He has the skills and experience to deal directly with contractors and to assess and challenge critical resource requests. His knowledge extends to all facets of construction, starting with scope definition, design, project delivery and maintenance. Adam has strong leadership and management skills. He has a proven track record in project delivery and he would be an asset to any team.
Strengths & Skills
- Project Management – track record of successfully managing projects in the Rail Sector. Worked through all facets of project delivery from concept design through to construction and commissioning. Exposed to the private and public sectors and has a great understanding of risk and commercial sensitive issues.
- Project Delivery – has excellence experience delivering onsite works, whilst working with RailCorp, Laing O’Rourke, ARTC and recently Novo Rail. Hands on experience in delivering site works and understands construction and access issues.
- Track – possesses a great understanding and knowledge of track and the interrelationship between other disciplines.
- Provides “practical solutions” based on experience – has the ability to break down designs and implement programs and staging plans which are achievable and practical.
Transport for New South Wales March 2016- Current
Deputy Project Manager Wickham Transport Interchange
Deputy Project Manager representing the Client, to ensure a timely and quality outcome for this iconic project. Project consists of new transport interchange, Station, office facilities, stabling yard and train maintenance facilities.
As part of the small team, responsibilities include monitoring of site activities, quality and progress, review and comment on monthly construction program , chairing meetings, Initiating and responding to correspondence, review and costing of variations, Instigation of Interface Matrix to define responsibilities of the various Stakeholder deliver components, they being Sydney Trains, Transport and the Contractor.
Interface Manager Station Project September2015-March 2016
Provide link between the external parties Works namely TFNSW and the respective stakeholders and resources within Sydney trains. Ensure that planned works to not unduly impact on the daily operations of Stations and the Safety of staff and public is maintained. Provide cost estimates for services provided to TFNSW in the delivery of the work.
Senior Project Engineer- Auburn Junction Upgrade March 2015-June 2015
Senior Project Engineer invited back to the team to assist with the delivery of the stage 11 track works. Work consisting of mainline connections, yard reconfiguration inclusive of 11turnouts, 5000t of track formation reconstruction and associated works
CPB (Formally Leightons Contractors)
Project Manager- Boggabri Maules Creek May 2014 – March 2015
Project Manager responsible for reviewing methodologies, planning and deliver of the Maules Creek and Boggabri coal loops including connection to the ARTC main line
Senior Project Engineer- Auburn Junction Upgrade October2013-March 2015
Senior Project Engineer responsible for Estimates, planning and delivery of the trackworks component for the Auburn Junction Upgrade. Works were undertaken over a series of track possessions in a busy working Sydney Junction.
Track Engineer – Southern Sydney Freight Line 2012 -2013
Managed the delivery of 35km of track construction along the SSFL route. Involved in managing design; coordinating site issues; program constraints; variations; site access; contractor quality; scope and budgets. Assisted with securing critical resources through both ARTC and RailCorp (trains, signal support, possessions) and proactively engaged with regions. Developed staging plans and programs which were used for contract procurement. Coordinated the works across all disciplines (Signals, Electrical, and Civil) and across various groups within the project (Environment, Community, Design, Contracts). Part of the successful Rail Systems team who constructed the commissioned the SSFL within the timeframes set by the ARTC Management.
Laing O’Rourke – Project Engineer – Hunter Valley, Sydney Rail Operations, 2007 – 2012
Port Hedland Rail Operations
- Tender Preparation; Estimating; Project Delivery; Quality Assurance; Forecasting; Invoicing; Resource Management and Project Closeout. The sole rail representative on site responsible for delivery, programming, coordination, quality of the track work (including floating track slab, direct fix, top down construction and installation of crossover) possession coordination in a challenging highly populated location within operating station for the Chatswood Transport Interchange. Delivered as part of the Novo rail alliance track, overhead wiring and structures for Sulphide Junction Upgrade
- Preparation and costing of the successful tender for the maintenance of the Fortescue Metals group 3+1+1 contract. Completing end of month, forecasting, and monthly invoicing and costing as required for FMG Maintenance 260km of heavy haul railway.
RailCorp – Project Engineer – Metro North, 2001 – 2007
- Delivered a number of projects and also exposed to the Scope and Resource Meetings, and critical resource requests. Worked through all phases of project delivery, from feasibility, concept, design, construction and commissioning
Civil Engineer – (Maintenance) Metro North
- Acting Civil Maintenance Engineer (in CME absence). Maintenance ballasting, track reconditioning,
- straight railing, rerailing and minor earth works and drainage. Sourcing and hiring external resources,
- interview panel assessor and input and review of development within the region.
Delivery Engineer – Resurfacing Metro North
- Identify scopes for maintenance and projects, identify available machines and program to execute scopes,
- monitor track and report on performance, financial reporting including forecasting and accruals.
- Ordering of external resources, attending scope and resource meetings and negotiating train paths.
A/ Civil Engineer – RM
- Co-ordination of routine maintenance scope of work for weekend close downs. Provision and sourcing of
- resources for RM works, Capital submissions and tender evaluations for plant.
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) – Monash University (1998)
- Rail Industry Safety Induction
- Demolition supervisor level 1+2