- Alison is an undergraduate studying Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) at the University of Sydney. Alison’s experience to date includes the client-side delivery of the CBD and South-East Light Rail, most significantly her project and construction management of Lilyfield Heavy Maintenance Depot. Alison continues to seek to broaden her knowledge of engineering and the technical aspects associated with delivering large infrastructure projects. In particular, she aims to further develop her understanding of quality and safety assurance processes onsite, and enhance her knowledge of construction methodologies.
- As an undergraduate in Rail Planning Services, our goal for Alison is for her to experience all facets of Engineering. She exhibits strong leadership qualities and we are confident in her abilities to provide the necessary support and gain the fundamental experience that will set her up for a long & successful career.
Strengths & Skills
- Enthusiastic – is keen to learn about all facets of Project Management, Stakeholder Management, Construction and delivering complex multi-disciplined Infrastructure Projects.
- Communication Skills – possesses great written and verbal communication skills, which she has demonstrated through her building of positive relationships with contractors.
- Team Player – demonstrates ability to work with others to achieve a common outcome.
- Leadership Capabilities – Alison exhibits future leadership capacities in her previous experiences and involvement at university, sports and high school.
- 2016 – Present: Undergraduate Engineer at Sydney Light Rail Delivery Office (TfNSW)
- $2.1b State Significant Infrastructure Project
- Responsibilities include client-side project management of Lilyfield Heavy Maintenance Depot
- Involves construction tracking, major stakeholder interface, environmental management and contractual compliance
- Through this role I have developed a strong interest in the rail sector, gaining specialised construction knowledge of rail-related civil works and client-side project delivery
- 2015 – 2016: University Employed Academic Tutor
- Tutor of two first year engineering subjects – Professional Engineering ENGG1803 and Integrated Engineering ENGG1111
- Course content focuses on developing a link between professional development and engineering skills with an emphasis on leadership
- Involved preparing and leading weekly tutorial sessions with up to 30 students per class
- 2013 – 2015: Maths Tutor at Pre Uni New College
- Head Project Advisor of Maths Faculty (2014 – 2015)
- Involved leading tutorial classes, developing material, individual tutoring, task delegation and administrative work
Community Participation / Extracurricular Activities
- 2016 – Present: Engineers Without Borders University of Sydney Chapter Vice President
- Involves coordinating with the President to implement strategies to achieve Chapter goals
- Involved with the development of the School Outreach program – promoting the applicability of engineering to the humanitarian sector to school students
- 2016 – Present: University of Sydney Student Liaison Officer
- Involves biannual meetings and ongoing inform discussions with University Lecturers and Academics, providing feedback on Civil Engineering subject structure and content
- 2015 – 2016: University of Sydney V-Team Volunteer
- Involved leading on and off campus events such as Orientation Week, Vivid Festival and Welcome to Sydney Day Tours
- Tertiary: Currently undertaking a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) at the University of Sydney with an expected completion year of 2017. Current WAM of 69.
- Secondary: Completed the Higher School Certificate at Burwood Girls High School in 2012 with an ATAR of 96.45.
- Other qualifications include:
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Rail Industry Worker Card
- NSW Drivers Licence (Class C)
- Engineers Without Borders
- Engineers Australia