Andrew has worked on a range of projects in the rail sector and has extensive client-side project management experience managing the challenges faced in delivering multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects, particularly in a brownfield rail environment. Andrew’s experience encompasses working closely with designers, contractors and stakeholders and is able to anticipate issues and provide effective solutions to streamline the project delivery process.
STRENGHTS AND SKILLS
• Andrew demonstrates excellent communication and relationship skills and is able to liaise and deal with various client, contractor and stakeholder issues, providing outcomes to satisfy the project deliverables.
• He possesses the drive and ability to thoroughly consider the detail of various issues to enable effective resolutions to push projects forward successfully. He listens and learns.
• He prides himself on dedication, is driven and ethical, which has enabled him to maintain long-term relationships with clients, peers and colleagues alike.
• He delivers excellent results for his clients and achieve project objectives by understanding the client and developing solutions they need.
- Senior Project Engineer – North West Rail Link 2011 – 2015
Responsible for multi-disciplinary construction development plans, construction staging and program strategy and assisted with risk management and delivery strategy for the ECRL Enabling Works and Lindfield Substation works.
Assisted with the development of the Chatswood to St Leonard Quad – Construction Delivery Plan which included Artarmon Station rebuild and staging for the future expansion of the NWRL. Conducted constructability review on alternative dive option.
Project Engineer – T1 Upgrade Program (North Shore and Western Line) Rapid Appraisal Construction Studies 2013
Responsible for the construction staging; production of staging diagrams and development of reports detailing design issues and risks to be considered on feasibility assessments for T1 Line Upgrade Projects.
- Project Engineer – TPD – Northern Sydney Freight Corridor 2012 – 2013
Epping to Thornleigh Third Track, Gosford Passing Loops & North Strathfield Rail Underpass
Supported the Technical Managers with the design management for The Northern Sydney Freight Corridor Program. Managed the RFI process during the ETTT Alliance tender phase and provided assistance with the development of staging plans and construction methodologies.
- Project Engineer – CBD Sectorisation Program, Platform Extensions Investigation Report – TfNSW 2012
Conducted constructability assessments including scoping and risk assessment on platform extensions at Central, Strathfield, Epping, Hornsby, Berowra, Woy Woy and Gosford Stations.
- Project Engineer – TPD – South West Rail Link: Glenfield Transport Interchange 2011 – 2012
Responsibilities included the development of construction staging and production of staging diagrams for the South West Rail Link – Glenfield Transport Interchange.
- Project Engineer – TPD – Macarthur Turnback 2011
Responsible for the construction staging and production of staging diagrams.
- Cost Engineer – Western Express Infrastructure Program – TfNSW 2011
Produced cost plans for the Western Express projects which included scope identification, construction staging and cost estimation.
- ARTC – Project Engineer – Southern Sydney Freight Line 2009 – 2011
Responsible for project staging and interface coordinator, managing RailCorp design reviews and coordinating design requirements between the construction team and designers across all engineering disciplines. Managed the design, community and stakeholder approvals and procurement of noise walls, maintenance access ways and landscaping works and ensured quality record keeping and document control processes were upheld. Assisted in the planning and logistics of rail supply and track construction.
- New Zealand 2004 – 2009
Contract Manager – KiwiRail – Onehunga Line Rehabilitation
Contract Engineer – Goodman NZ – Highbrook Business Park
Site Engineer – KiwiRail – Newmarket Track Slab (DART 1)
Contract Engineer – Auckland City Council – Orakei Park and Ride
Site Engineer – Auckland Regional Transport Authority – Kingsland Railway Stati
- QUALIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (2006) – University of Auckland
Rail Planning Services Collaborators: