Address: Rail Planning Services – 702, 91 Phillip Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
Office: 0400 177 487
Mobile: 0401 312 371
Benjamin has considerable experience on a range of projects both in and out of the rail sector with client-side project management history with Transport Construction Authority and Transport Projects Division managing the challenges faced in delivering multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects, particularly in a brownfield rail environment.
STRENGHTS AND SKILLS
• Intimately aware of safe working methods and job safety analysis having worked in accordance with rail safety standards on all previous projects.
• Intrinsic understanding of CAD software packages.
• Thorough understanding of possession delivery techniques.
• As a member of the Transport for New South Wales site team, Benjamin has planned, executed and monitored the construction of 161 OHW structures and 23 wire runs of regulated system and various civil and rail systems installations
• Assisted the Interface Project Manager to deliver the electrification aspects of the South West Rail Link through design and construction phases.
• Prepared safety documentation, Safe working Methods and Job safety analysis in accordance with RailCorp SMS standards
• Created and controlled documentation such as Inspection Test Plans, Quality Checklists, Request for Information, Earned Value Spreadsheets, Possession Works Evidences, Work Activity Advices and Project Safety Agreements for the South West Rail Link TPD
• Carried out calculations of OHWS for new and existing structures through Strand 7 and communicating results through a revised report for Sydney Trains.
TfNSW – TPD
Portfolio Services Search Co-ordinator – Northern Sydney Freight Corridor Stage 1 2015
Management and Co-ordination of Handover of Detailed Site Survey (DSS) from Principal Contractor/Primary Controller to Sydney Trains interfacing with TPD Project Team, Project Surveyors and Sydney Trains’ representatives.
John Holland Rail
Project Engineer – Arncliffe Station Precinct Accessibility Upgrade 2014 – 2015
Responsible for the construction staging; optioneering, production of staging diagrams and development of reports detailing design issues and risks to be considered.
TfNSW – TPD
Project Staging and Interface Manager – Northern Sydney Freight Corridor Stage 2A 2014
Co-ordination and management of Disciplinary Specialists within RPS to deliver Constructability/Scoping reports to the client. This process involved interfacing with designers to effectively communicate a design that is both acceptable to ASA standards and feasible for construction within the live rail network. Detailed Programme development and refinement was then produced in addition to Staging Diagrams through the use of CAD.
Project Engineer – Flemington Station Upgrade – Electrical Enabling Works 2014
Investigating the Electrical Enabling Works required to assist in delivering the Major Project of replacing the Aerial Concourse at Flemington Station. Scope included identifying existing assets to be relocated, partial street closures and procurement of long lead items (padmount substation, HV Cable etc.). This project was then staged utilising RPS’ discipline specialists and producing a report and staging diagrams to the client.
Design Engineer – Annual Modernisation Programme and Turnout Renewals 2013 – 2014
Assigned to specific projects, co-ordination and management of interfaces through the design process involving survey, design and construction of new Overhead Wiring Structures as well as modification works to existing structures. OHW adjustments and design for turnout and complex areas included multiple tracks, diamond crossovers, tunnels, overbridges and junction areas all designed to conform to current ASA and RailCorp standards.
Site / Project Engineer – South West Rail Link – Glenfield Transport Interchange 2011 – 2013
Managed project defect and close-out of Glenfield Multi-Storey Car Park (6 months) and associated Roy Watts Road works. Planned, executed and monitored the construction of 161 OHW structures and 23 wire runs of regulated system while interfacing with third party consultants and constructors. Involved in the commissioning of 1500V DC OHW through QA checks and gained insight into all aspects of OHW through monitoring of design, survey, construction and reliability.
Dealt with several interfaces and facilitated program and deliverable achievement and created and controlled documentation such as inspection test plans, quality checklists, request for information, earned value spreadsheets and possession works evidences, work activity advices and project safety agreements.
Design Engineer – Yandi Iron Ore – Overland Conveyor 2008 – 2011
Site Engineer – Rhodes Waterside Adina Apartments 2007
QUALIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
BEng, Civil Engineering – University of New South Wales, 2010
RailCorp Engineering Authority Level 3 (Under Supervision)
Rail Industry Safety Induction
Occupational Health & Safety
Rail Planning Services Collaborators: