- Clive has over 30 years’ experience in major construction projects in both the public and private sector. He has developed and lead specialist scheduling teams and developed planning & reporting methodology within the NSW rail industry.
- He has successfully coordinated / project managed the remediation of several major industrial sites, project managed site upgrades for both office and warehouse facilities and developed several management systems encompassed in “Shutdown Management Systems” that have aided in the complex control of shutdowns.
Strengths & Skills
- Specialist knowledge of computerised planning & scheduling systems with the ability to develop planning methodologies for various industries
- Proven ability to deliver projects within strict time constraints whilst maintaining environmental & safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple trades developing & coordinating effective working teams.
- Superior oral & written communication skills with the ability to liaise & develop rapport with people at all levels
- Rail Planning Services, Master Scheduler 2017 - Present
- Undertaking the development of master schedules for Sydney Trains 2017 Timetable implementation including coordinating input from business units across Sydney Trains.
- Working with the Arup team in developing schedules for the delivery of Canberra Light Rail Stage 2.
RailCorp / Sydney Trains, Production Planning & Scheduling Manager 2004 - 2016
- Responsible for the establishment, engagement and ongoing management of the Major Works, Project Services Scheduling Team (15 schedulers). Successfully developed, documented & introduced the current Primavera scheduling processes to improve the scheduling quality within the division towards ‘best practice’. Established & managed the RailCorp Primavera Technical Group (PTUG) to co-ordinate the usage of Primavera throughout RailCorp. Procured hardware / software for the management & importing of external Primavera schedules, thus protecting the integrity of the RailCorp Primavera production database. Utilised as ‘subject matter expert’ by various RailCorp Divisions on the usage of Primavera.
Dulux Australia Ltd, Project Manager 2003 - 2004
- Project managed the site upgrade of the Dulux Padstow office and warehouse facilities, project valued at $4m. Major elements of project included the demolition of a two storey office building / factory and associated steel structures. The construction of a new electrical kiosk and associated switchboard, cabling. The removal of six underground storage tanks and the remediation of surrounding area. The construction of site roads and associated landscaping.
Rail Infrastructure Corporation (RIC) NSW, Implementation Project Manager (Scheduling Centre of Excellence) 2001 - 2003
- Development and implementation of tools, processes and procedures associated with project management principles across 5 regional offices enabling reporting process to be developed and viewed at bundle, operational, regional and state levels.
Dulux Australia Ltd Cabarita / Padstow, Project Manager / Site Operations Manager / Project Coordinator 1993 - 2001
- Successfully completed a variety of projects over a seven-year period. Demonstrated strong leadership and decision-making abilities. Managed activities associated with the following projects - Cabarita Car Park Site, Main Manufacturing Site 50 adjoining residential property sites, Padstow Powder Coat Manufacturing Site, Resin Plant Manufacturing Area and Auckland (NZ) Panmure – Paint Manufacturing Site.
ICI Australia Ltd, Contract Planning Engineer / Project Coordinator 1990 - 1997
- Planned & coordinated 7 major shutdowns – Project value $1m to $50m, major involvement in construction & commissioning projects. Supervised / coordinated shutdown resources of up to 1000 + men, developed & implemented “Shutdown Planning & Management Systems”. Assisted with development of Primavera (P3) for use in shutdowns both within Australia & overseas, developed & implemented shutdown training modules to allow numerous trainers the ability to deliver the same instruction – resulting in time & cost savings.
Dept. of Housing (SWBT), Planning Coordinator 1995
Eglo Engineering Ltd, Contract Planning / Project Engineer 1981 – 1990
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Diploma of Project Management UNE Partnerships - University of New England
- Primavera (P3, P6) Advanced
- Lean Six Sigma (white)