Frank has extensive experience on contractor and client side in managing the design, integration and commissioning of large multi system based rail projects. He has commissioned projects and been on the SMT for the operational readiness phase of large network expansion projects.
STRENGHTS AND SKILLS
• Managed profit and loss business units delivering services covering the areas of design, project management, finance, sales, construction and manufacturing.
• Managed multifunction teams delivering business programs with diverse backgrounds of legal, engineering, finance and Information Technology, including project teams from other Divisions and or other countries.
• Established start-up projects where the organisations had very little process or documentation relating to project management
• Implemented the systems required for good project management process in alignment with PM BOK, along with the risk and governance structure to support the projects
• Working knowledge of the current engineering and operational systems in ECRL which will need to be removed as part of the OpCo’s scope
• Working knowledge of the engineering assurance requirements for transport projects
• Working knowledge of the Authorised Engineering Organisation process administered by the Asset Standards Authority for transport related projects
• Licensed rail signal engineer with TfNSW
Rail Planning Services
Project Management Consultant – TfNSW – Transport Projects Division 2013 – Present
Manage the development and submission of the Divisions AEO application. (Shared with Chief Engineer) Manager Assurance (AEO) for construction, test and commission activities for TPD projects. Worked with TfNSW Planning & Programs Division on options for Sydney Future Rail Systems.
Cubic Transportation Systems
General Manager – Delivery 2010 – 2013
Responsible for the delivery of transport ticketing and other technology projects throughout Australasia. Project Director for the Sydney OPAL card from contract award to field trail.
Novo rail Alliance
Delivery Planning & Strategy Manager – Program 2009 – 2010
Responsible for the development of the 5 year project delivery program.(est at Aus $1.2B). The program included all phases of the project life cycle from concept to handover for some 50 plus projects consisting of signalling, electrical power, major junction rationalisation and stabling yard development.
Project Director – Operational Systems 2004 – 2009
Reporting to the General Manager Major Projects. Responsible for the delivery of the above ground Rail Interface works at Epping and Chatswood for the Epping – Chatswood Rail Link and for the integration of Tunnel and Station systems into the existing network.
Senior Project Manager 2003 – 2004
Responsible for the post tender presentations, contract negotiations, project mobilisation and design phase (electrical works component) for the Perth-Mandurah rail line. Awarded contract package value was $105M.
Rail Infrastructure Corporation
Project Manager – Illawarra 2002 – 2003
Assist in technical and contractual issues with the current maintenance services and project management alliance contract in its transition from the private sector back to the public hands.
Fluor Global Services
Senior Maintenance Engineer – Illawarra Region 2001 – 2003
Responsible for all matters in relation to technical performance of the signalling assets on the Illawarra Region and for driving process improvements in productivity and work flow.
National Operations Manager 2000 – 2001
Responsible for all matters in relation to management of the business unit. Project Director for extension of the Sydney Light Rail to Lilyfield.
QUALIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
Certified Practising Project Director – Australian Institute of Project Management, 2013
Certificate in Risk Management & Governance – Australian Company Secretaries, 2012
Advance Diploma Project Management – Project Performance Group (RTO), 2008
Master of Management Degree – Southern Cross University, 2002
Master of Engineering (Prac) Rail Asset Mgmt – University of Wollongong, 2000
Graduate Diploma in Commerce – University of Wollongong, 1998
Rail Planning Services Collaborators: