Frank is a Civil Engineer with over 50 years experience in rail. For the past 15 years Frank has been working on major rail projects, including the Epping to Chatswood Rail Link (ECRL), Glenfield Junction and North Strathfield Rail Underpass. This has led to a focus on and a development of expertise in the assurance, commissioning and handover of projects in the “live rail” environment.
Strengths & Skills
- Emphasis on safety in construction, and through to the operations and maintenance stages of the project life cycle.
- Working on “brown-fields” projects in the live rail corridor, understanding the needs of operational and engineering staff.
- Project management and budget control.
- A practical approach to the management of quality assurance, safety assurance and systems requirements specifications.
- Operational readiness and commissioning of projects, including preparation of necessary management plans.
- Handover of projects, with emphasis on progressive assurance and handover to minimise issues at the end of projects.
- Proactive stakeholder liaison and involvement across all areas, including safety, operations, engineering, maintenance and assurance.
- Planning for project completion from the initial stages of the project.
2013 – 2015
North Strathfield Rail Underpass – member of the North Strathfield Rail Underpass Alliance responsible for systems assurance, quality assurance, asset management information, and commissioning & handover of the NSRU works to TfNSW and Sydney Trains. Key activities to date have included the progressive handover of works to TfNSW and the successful commissioning of Stage 1 of Concord West Station in October 2014.
2009 – 2015
Glenfield Junction – member of the Alliance Management Team, responsible for Commissioning & Integration. This role included managing Operational Readiness, Systems Assurance and Commissioning, including co-ordinating activities of other contractor on the South West Rail Link Stage 1 Project. Other aspects of the current role included liaison with RailCorp, ARTC and Novo Rail. Fulfilled the role of Alliance Manager for Glenfield Junction Alliance.
2001 – 2009
Epping to Chatswood Rail Link – project managed the interfaces between the Epping to Chatswood Rail Line and the existing CityRail network at Epping and Chatswood. The key responsibilities here included delivery of design and construction of rail interface works packages, to meet scope, time and cost objectives. Liaised with RailCorp on various railway technical and operational issues.
Previous Roles in various NSW Government railways organisations
A number of General Manager position’s, including Major Works, Infrastructure Services, Internal Business, and Rural & Industrial Freight.
Head Office roles in executive support and planning & development.
Various field roles in infrastructure maintenance and construction, in both metropolitan and rural areas.
Qualifications & Affiliations
Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) (Civil)
Bachelor of Business (Dist.) (Operations Management)