Address: Rail Planning Services – 702, 91 Phillip Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
Office: 0400 177 487
Mobile: 0439 656 689
Wayne has significant experience and knowledge of electrical engineering and rail maintenance, including areas of design, construction and maintenance of rail infrastructure, rail station electrical installations and rail workshops which has been gained over many years in a rail environment.
Wayne has experience in design, construction and commissioning on specific rail electrification and multi-disciplined projects such as K2RQ, SWRL, SSFL, and GLRL at a senior level.
He has managed project interfaces for Third Party and Project works in the live rail environment and fulfilled senior roles in rail engineering, electrical maintenance and construction. He has used this experience recently in assisting TPD with operational readiness and commissioning advice on NSFC and PSU projects.
STRENGHTS AND SKILLS
• Excellent management and technical skills relating to maintenance, project construction and design activities – innovative substation design.
• Demonstrated project management skills (planning, organising and controlling).
• Business Management skills resulting from Grad. Diploma Management studies.
• Design, Quality and Asset/Configuration Management experience.
• Strong analytical and lateral thinking skills.
• Demonstrated high quality, oral, communication and negotiation skills.
- TPD/TfNSW – Electrical Project Consultant
Provide general electrical commissioning expertise advice to the NSFC & PSU programs. Working closely with each NSFC project (GPL, NSRU and ETTT) overseeing the preparation, planning and readiness for electrical commissioning works. This included site visits, assisting with preparation of all documentation, advice on the methodology and approach and liaison/advice on electrical resource types. Review of EOD Advices and Works near HV cables. Attend TPD electrical commissioning portfolio meetings on a weekly basis.
- Sydney Trains – Interface Delivery Manager 2013 – Present
Coordinated multi-disciplined Third Party Project works interfacing with rail design & maintenance staff, and contractors (concept to completion). Successfully managed several large rail multi-disciplined works related to third party project interfaces, maintenance, and enabled third party works program delivery.
- RailCorp – Interface Manager – Major Projects 2009 – 2013
Coordinated multi-disciplined TNSW / ARTC Major Projects works interfacing with rail design & maintenance staff, and contractors (concept to completion). Successfully managed large rail multi-disciplined workgroups related to major project interfaces, maintenance, and enabled TNSW major capital works program delivery.
- Program Delivery Manager – Delivery Support 2009 – 2009
Delivery of RailCorp’s. Annual Works & MPM program. Works production & earned value targets exceeded, with budget target met.
- Program Delivery Manager – Illawarra Region 2006 – 2009
Delivery of Illawarra’s AWP/MPM program & EPW Management. Allocated clear configuration responsibilities for Co-ordinators.
- External Party Works Manager – Illawarra 2003 – 2006
Responsible for External Party /Utility Projects in the Illawarra Region rail corridor. Successful EPW project/utility underbores without asset damage or negative to train operations.
- Fluor Australia – A/Engineering Manager – Technical Team 2002 – 2003
Responsible for the multi-disciplined technical team on the RIC-Fluor Alliance Rail Project (South Coast)and all Electrical & Property work.
- Fluor Daniel – Electrical Engineer / External Party Works Manager 1998 – 2002
Responsible for the electrical maintenance and upgrading work on the RAC-Fluor Daniel Alliance Rail project (South Coast), and Engineering (Design, Maintenance & Construction) and Property/Third Party works in the rail corridor functions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
1996 Graduate Diploma in Management (Technology Management) – Deakin University
1979 Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) – University of NSW
Rail Industry Safety Induction
Track Certification (expired -Sept 2012)
Demolition supervisor level 1+2
Rail Planning Services Collaborators: