Client: Orica, Shell, Caltex
Project Value: $20 – $200m
Planned & coordinated major shutdowns for various refinery and petrochemical projects.
- 1990 Shell Australia Ltd. Cracking unit, Clyde.
- 1989 ICI Australia Ltd. Olefines 2, Botany.
- 1988 HC Extractions (AGL) LPG Plant, Kurnell.
- 1987 ICI Australia Ltd. Silicates plant, Botany.
- 1987 Ampol Australia Ltd. Cracking unit, Brisbane.
- 1987 ICI Australia Ltd. Olefines 2 (mini shut), Botany.
- 1987 Shell Australia Ltd. Cracking unit, Clyde.
- 1986 Caltex Australia Ltd. Cracking unit No2, Kurnell.
- 1986 ICI Australia Ltd. Olefines 2, Botany.
- 1984 ICI Australia Ltd. Olefines 2 (initial PV Inspection).
- 1984 Caltex Australia Ltd. Cracking unit No1, Kurnell.
- 1984 Shell Australia Ltd. Cracking unit, Clyde.
- 1981 ICI Australia Ltd. Olefines 1, Botany.
- 1981 Caltex Australia
Scope of Service
- Major involvement in the development of systems and processes associated with the pre-shutdown planning, preparation and co-ordination of shutdown activities.
- Supervised / coordinated shutdown resources of up to 1000 + men.
- Developed & implemented “Shutdown Planning & Management Systems”.
- Assisted with development of Primavera (P3) for use in shutdowns both within Australia & overseas.
- Developed & implemented shutdown training modules to allow numerous trainers the ability to deliver the same instruction – resulting in time & cost savings.
- Designed, developed & maintained large shutdown database – resulting in time & cost savings.
- Planned all activities associated with 5 Olefines shutdown – total man hours within 5%.
- Developed / implemented & supervised a system to control / monitor the erection of 1200 tonnes of scaffolding materials – major time & cost savings. (using Microsoft Access and Excel).
- Developed control system & supervised the removal of insulation. (using Microsoft Access).
- Developed a stores control system (gaskets, nuts & bolts) (using Microsoft Access).
Successfully assisted with the planning and management of major shutdowns within New South Wales and Queensland.