PRPS Services – Programming (Planning & Scheduling)
Rail Planning services (RPS) has recently expanded its capability to include the discipline of Planning & Scheduling. This key component in a project delivery life cycle aligns closely with the current core capability and services offered by RPS enabling the total end to end control of projects.
RPS scheduling personnel have extensive specialist knowledge of computerised planning & scheduling software, methodology and implementation enabling project schedules to be constructed to world best practise. This specialist experience has been acquired from high level involvement working within a variety of industries including, rail, oil/gas, heavy engineering/construction and contaminated site remediation. This experience gives the knowledge and ability to quickly review and understand a projects delivery requirements to develop the appropriate schedules.
Quality scheduling practises adds value to project delivery & support business improvements
- Consistency in project delivery methodology
- More robust risk management
- Improved visibility for management
- More efficient resource utilisation
- Better communication between the work teams
- Better communication between construction and possession coordination teams
- Higher level of certainty of completing project works within the required timeframe
- Fewer operational impacts
- No project-related overruns have impacted on train operations
- Buy-in and reliance on scheduling support for high risk project/possessions
RPS have experience within the following areas:
- Planning Leadership & Management Support
- Experienced in development, recruitment and management of large scheduling teams and associated working environments. Development of procedural documentation enabling a synchronised team working in a uniform manner.
- Project Planning & Scheduling
- Our team is experienced in the development and ongoing management of standalone and multi linked schedules, their review, stakeholder acceptance and implementation, from concept through construction to project close-out.
- Schedule Analysis, Diagnostics and Forensics
- Schedule health check to ensure quality and appropriateness for individual projects. Forensics evaluation and comparison across version and updates of schedules.
- Resource Management & Levelling.
- Enabling effective utilisation of limited resources.
- Risk Analysis
- Either working from standalone corporate risk registers or integrated within the scheduling software, risk elements are incorporated into the individual schedules enabling visible management of allocated contingency.
- Delay Analysis.
- RPS have experience in the discipline and requirements to record, maintain and develop as-built schedule records and delay analysis data monitoring project progress, remaining duration against an agreed baseline schedule.
- Project Controls & Performance Management (Tracking Measurements & Reporting)
- Our team has experience in the development, implementation and monitoring of project control solutions enabling the measurement of performance during the delivery of a project.
- Construction Methodology, Optimisation & Timing (Ensuring Constructability).
- The RPS team has extensive proven experience from its involvement in the delivery of numerous transport projects giving the ability to analyse construction methodology and logic sequence options to develop the optimum staging program offering cost/time effectiveness.
- Interface Management (Integrated Key Milestone Identification)
- RPS is experienced in the identifying of key interface areas allowing appropriate delivery sequencing and progress reporting ensuring on time delivery within a timely staged timeframe and early identification of potential schedule conflicts enabling early corrective action and management controls.
- Earned Value Management (performance management)
- Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) is a collection of management practices incorporating scope, time and cost allowing ongoing measurement of actual project performance in comparison to the baseline target schedule. Our team has the capability and experience required to manage project delivery performance following EVMS principles.
Rail Planning Services (RPS) has experience in the following planning and scheduling software:
- MSProject -utilised for basic small standalone schedules for presentation purposes.
- Primavera – utilised for large complex programs/schedules where total control and understanding of a project is required.
Scheduling support software
- Fuse Schedule Evaluation, Diagnostics & Forensics.
- Risk Schedule Risk.
- 360 Project Acceleration
- XERManager – Management/cleansing of xer file type data.
RPS personnel have experience/involvement in the following rail projects:
- Major Rail Projects:
- Rail Operational Centre (ROC).
- NWRL (RailCorp interface works)
- Depot Rationalisation (reduction of 112 rail depots to 12 integrated multi discipline centres)
- Major Projects Clyde Central Office Complex (Major Works centralised office at Clyde)
- RailCorp Maintenance Program (1200 annual maintenance projects)
- SSFL (ARTC / RailCorp Interface)
- Clearways 1 Program (RailCorp interface activities)
- Cronulla Duplication.
- Berowra Island Platform
- Hornsby Platform 5 / Stabling Yard
- Homebush / Lidcombe Turnback
- Liverpool Turnback
- Bridge renewal program:
- Olympic Drive
- Webb Street
- Guess Avenue
- Salt Pan Creek
- Bombo Beach Access
- Parramatta Road
- Platform Renewals:
- Bullaburra Platform Renewal
- Bulli Platform Renewal
- Contaminated Site Remediation Projects
- Oil/Gas / Petrochemical Plants
- Caltex (Kurnell) Cracker Shutdowns
- Shell (Clyde) Cracker Shutdowns
- Ampol (Brisbane) Cracker Shutdowns
- ICI / Orica Plant Shutdowns
- Olefines 1
- Olefines 2
- Steam & Power
- Kynoch (South Africa) Ammonia Plant Shutdown