Transport for NSW
The South West Rail Link includes a major upgrade
of Glenfield Station and interchange and a new twin
track passenger rail line from Glenfield to Leppington
via Edmondson Park.
The Glenfield to Leppington portion of the project
• 10.5km of new twin track electrified rail line from Glenfield to Leppington.
• New passenger stations at Leppington and Edmondson Park.
• A train stabling yard at Rossmore.
• The installation, testing and commissioning of all rail systems for the new line.
Rail Planning Services provided experienced, accredited and authorised Signal Engineers
to assist with the inspection, testing and commissioning of the Glenfield to Leppington Rail
Line. Activities included:
• Inspection of completed installation to ensure compliance with NSW standards.
• Bell Testing of new locations and trackside equipment.
• Set to work of new Microlok interlockings and trackside equipment.
• Local and system function testing.
• Assistance with design and control system testing.
• Final equipment certification.
• Documentation management.
Rail Planning Services has significant experience in the construction delivery, testing and
commissioning of rail signalling systems. This experience assisted the client in achieving
early goals in the testing and commissioning program, which has resulted in an extended
engagement that will see Rail Planning Services personnel involved in the project until final