- Harshan is a UNSW qualified engineer with two and a half year’s experience in Design Engineering and Project Management. He has effectively produced designs, conducted experiments and analyse the validity of all results in the fields of structures, fluids, and acoustics using AS, ESC, FAR, and MDG design standards. This skill set is complimented with his ability to effectively apply project-management techniques on multimillion-dollar projects where I deliver objectives on time, within budget, and meet quality requirements.
- Harshan is a hands-on engineer with the ability to understand the need to produce practical, cost-effective solutions, taking into consideration the installation and maintenance processes.
Strengths & Skills
- Produce Overhead Wiring (OHW) structure designs
- Project management
- Effectively use project-management techniques to develop project plans, assess risk-mitigation strategies, and optimise asset distribution
- Strong planning, organising, and time-management skills
- Professional level of communication both verbally
- Proactive team member
Tyco Australia – Accounts Payable Officer , 2016 – Present
Australian Winch & Haulage (AWH) – Junior Design Engineer, 2013 – 2014
- Responsibilities included skillfully analysing the structural failure of steel members and rectified the issue through calculations, 3D modelling using Inventor, and engineering drawings which included work instructions and bills of material (BOM). Designed and executed proof-load tests on critical steel members and ensured all test results complied with design regulations. Communicated with the senior management to tradesmen and established an open-professional channel to discuss future designs, project development and manufacturing orders respectively.
Polex Environmental Engineering – Design Engineer & Project Manager, 2012 – 2013
- Precisely designed HVAC systems based off pressure requirements of the fan used. Effectively planned and managed projects from commencement to completion by producing on-site design solutions, organising contracts and materials, preparing tenders, expected cost and expected project duration. Produced detailed reports regarding project successes and incorporated a risk-based assessment of potential future approaches.
Sydney Ports Corporation – Trainee Engineer, 2010 – 2011
- Supervised the structural modification of the Overseas Passenger Terminal to meet the revised industry regulations. Consistently produced and maintained a database of Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), Risk Management Matrices, work orders and official documentations. Prioritised public safety through safety barriers and fencing around the plant in a highly public used space.
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Graduate Diploma of Engineering Science (Mechanical Engineering) – University of New South Wales (UNSW), 2016
- Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace Engineering) – University of New South Wales (UNSW), 2011