- Andrew has over 11 years client-side project management experience delivering multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects, with over 6 years experience on TfNSW projects. Andrew’s experience encompasses all facets of project delivery from scoping, program and construction strategy, procurement, cost and contract management, risk management, design management and stakeholder interface management.
Strengths & Skills
- Andrew demonstrates excellent communication and relationship skills and is able to liaise and deal with various client, contractor and stakeholder issues, providing outcomes to satisfy the project deliverables.
- He possesses the drive and ability to thoroughly consider the detail of various issues to enable effective resolutions to push projects forward successfully. He listens and learns.
- He prides himself on dedication, is driven and ethical, which has enabled him to maintain long-term relationships with clients, peers and colleagues alike.
- He delivers excellent results for his clients and achieve project objectives by understanding the client and developing solutions they need.
- Additionally Andrew is responsible for the development and deployment of Quality Systems and Risk processes within the business. The skills developed are applied to the benefit of clients.
- Competent in the use and application of P6 to the planning and delivery of projects from procurement to commissioning
TfNSW – Senior Project Engineer / Deputy Project Manager – New Intercity Fleet Maintenance Facility, 2015 – Current
- Management of site investigation works (Geotech, service investigations, surveying) including ensuring appropriate and safe contractor methodologies, environmental compliance and contract management;
- Development of the program strategy, managing updates and cross-discipline issue resolution and construction strategy;
- Construction contract strategy and contract documentation production;
- Configuration change management and Sydney Trains stakeholder consultation;
- Risk management, project controls reporting and development of safety assurance plans;
- Possession and critical resource planning;
Senior Project Engineer – Sydney Metro: City and Southwest, 2015
Responsible for constructability based design development and options assessment for the Northern Corridor Works including scoping and staging various options. Conducted constructability reviews of the definition design and undertook staged delivery assessments of the southwest section.
Assisted in developing the Chatswood to St Leonard Quad – Construction Delivery Plan.
Construction Staging Developer – South Eveleigh Intercity Service Centre, 2015
Multi-disciplinary staging development and documentation for the proposed NIF Maintenance Facility at South Eveleigh.
Construction Staging Developer – Western Sydney Rail Upgrade, 2015
Multi-disciplinary staging development and documentation for the Strathfield Junction concept as part of the initial phase of Western Sydney Rail Upgrade investigations.
Senior Project Engineer – Sydney Metro: Northwest, 2011 – 2014
Responsible for the development of multi-disciplinary construction delivery plans, construction staging and program strategy for the ECRL enabling works and Lindfield Substation works; also assisted with risk management and the delivery strategy.
Project Engineer – T1 Upgrade Program (North Shore and Western Line) Rapid Appraisal Construction Studies, 2013
Responsible for the construction staging; production of staging diagrams and development of reports detailing design issues and risks to be considered on feasibility assessments for T1 Line Upgrade Projects.
Project Engineer – TPD – Northern Sydney Freight Corridor , 2012 – 2013
Epping to Thornleigh Third Track
Gosford Passing Loops & North Strathfield Rail Underpass
Supported the Technical Managers with the design management for The Northern Sydney Freight Corridor Program. Managed the RFI process during the ETTT Alliance tender phase and developed staging plans and construction methodologies.
Project Engineer – CBD Sectorisation Program – TfNSW , 2012
Conducted constructability assessments including scoping and risk assessment on platform extensions at Central, Strathfield, Epping, Hornsby, Berowra, Woy Woy and Gosford Stations.
Project Engineer – TPD – South West Rail Link: Glenfield Transport Interchange 2011 – 2012
Responsibilities included the development of construction staging and production of staging diagrams for the South West Rail Link – Glenfield Transport Interchange.
Project Engineer – TPD – Macarthur Turnback 2011
Responsible for the construction staging and production of staging diagrams.
Cost Engineer – Western Express Infrastructure Program – TfNSW 2011
Produced cost plans for the Western Express projects which included scope identification, construction staging and cost estimation.
Project Engineer – Southern Sydney Freight Line 2009 – 2011
Responsible for project staging and interface coordination, managing RailCorp design reviews and coordinating design requirements between the construction team and designers across all engineering disciplines. Managed the design, community and stakeholder approvals and procurement of noise walls, maintenance access ways and landscaping works and ensured quality record keeping and document control processes were upheld. Assisted in the planning and logistics of rail supply and track construction.
New Zealand 2004 – 2009
Contract Manager – KiwiRail – Onehunga Rail Line Rehabilitation – $4m
Contract Engineer – Goodman NZ – Highbrook Business Park – $1b
Contract Engineer – Far North District Council – Kerikeri Heritage Bypass – $13m
Contract Engineer – Auckland City Council – Orakei Park and Ride – $2m
Site Engineer – KiwiRail – Newmarket Track Slab (DART 1) – $20m
Site Engineer – Auckland Regional Transport Authority – Kingsland Railway Station – $5m
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) – University of Auckland