- Glen’s has many years’ experience in both the rail and construction industry with considerable project management skills which have enabled him to assist in the successful delivery of various rail and construction projects. Glen has received a number of awards for excellence in continuous improvement in Project Management and Construction and Environment and Sustainability.
Strengths & Skills
- Strong building construction and engineering experience.
- Effective communication skills in dealing with clients, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Effective financial and personal management skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical drawings.
- Ability to form reasonable budget estimates for works or to create formal tender documentation.
Rail Planning Services, Station Interface Consultant 2016 - present
- Glen provided advice on the Central Station Reference Design for Parsons Brinkerhoff under the SRT Technical Services Contract together with advice on aspects of the Footprint works and enabling works. Using his knowledge of the management of Stations and major Station upgrading
RailCorp, Manager Infrastructure Facilities - Infrastructure Maintenance Division 2010 - 2013
- Responsibilities included certifying infrastructure integrity, managing configuration change, specifying maintainability requirements for new construction and delivery of RM and MPM budgets to an annual value of $65m.
Sydney Precinct Manager CBD & ESR - Infrastructure Maintenance Division 2006 - 2010
- Involved in the creation of a Master Plan for the Central Precinct, including the integration of a possible future light rail terminal, an "heroic" concourse providing access to all Platforms from Chalmers Street through to Ambulance Avenue, a relocated coach terminal, development of the Chalmers Street boundary to facilitate retail outlets and supporting relocated bus stops from Eddy Avenue.
- The planning extended to determining future requirements for upgrades of Central's electrical substations, fire services, CCTV and IT generally. Was a member of the RailCorp team working with Transport to develop the previous Metro Light Rail system as it related to Central Terminal.
Acting – Station Infrastructure & Projects, Station Operations 2008 - 2008
- During this time, the role of Sydney Precinct Manager CBD & ESR was being carried out simultaneously. The position involved determining a priority programme of capital works to benefit customers, commencing with input from Station Managers and the public through to obtaining finance by Capital Submissions and delivery by Projects Group.
Central Precinct Manager Buildings & Sidings - Infrastructure Maintenance Division 2005 - 2006
- The scope involved creation of the role by gaining the co-operation of Station Operations (CityRail and CountryLink), Security, Properties, NSW Police and Maintenance personnel to ensure that the Precinct Manager became the single point of contact for all matters involving the asset. All Capital, RM and MPM Projects within the Precinct were either directly or indirectly initiated by the Central Precinct Manager.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of projects including Sewer and Stormwater Separation, Western Forecourt Waterproofing, Rail Heritage Central (ex Sydney Booking Office) Refurbishment, Asbestos Removal, Installation of Roof Anchors, Air Conditioning Chiller Installation, Heritage Upgrades, concrete encasement of steel columns supporting the Western Forecourt, construction of Stormwater Harvesting Tanks under the Pitt Street Loading Dock and upgrading of the Main Concourse public toilets.
RIC, Project Manager - Signals, Systems & External Resources 2004 to 2005
- Managed various projects including rationalisation of depot facilities, construction of bungalows for SPAR Project and installation of fibre optics to numerous sites.
Project Manager - Renewal Group 2004
- Planning and management of Nth Sydney Deflection Walls project by determination of construction method, estimation of costs and preparation of tender documentation and managed the upgrade of premises and fit out in Richmond Road, Homebush West Offices to facilitate the relocation of Signals and Systems personnel from Pitt Street and Civil/Electrical personnel (Renewals) from various locations.
Project Manager - External Contracts 2003 - 2004
- Project managed the refurbishment of a heritage listed footbridge at Victoria Street Station, East Maitland. Whilst the initial scope was simply to repair corroded sections, paint the structure and replace concrete stair treads, I was given approval to redefine the project which resulted in the replacement of steel components to the original design. Managed installation of Goulburn Street Guard Rails for City Underground.
- Planned the proposed demolition of Marrickville Car Parking Station by determining the methodology, dealing with Council, estimating costs and preparing tender documentation for a public tender. Managed the fit out of Systems Group Offices at 145 Arthur Street, Flemington involving partitioning, electrical/data contract, workstations, air conditioning and computer room facilities. Managed OH&S Works for Penrith, Newcastle and Cronulla Yards involving retaining walls, paving and electrical lighting installation contracts and managed Broadmeadow Water Supply Upgrade including location of water leaks, design of new supply route, installation of fire services booster assembly and contract documents.
State Rail, Project Manager Capital Works & Development 2002 - 2003
- Project managed alterations and additions to Platform 16/17 Control Room at Central Station involving dealing with union representatives to obtain agreement, contract administration and supervision of building works, electrical upgrade, emergency generator upgrade and data communications. Managed Disabled Boarding Ramps project from design through tender to delivery.
T C Whittle Pty Limited, Building Cadet 1968 to 1972
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Building Certificate - Sydney Technical College, Ultimo (1971)
- Building Diploma - NSW Institute of Technology (1974)