- Paul is a civil degree qualified engineer with over 10 years’ design and construct experience across range of Transportation projects. He has extensive knowledge of key design and construct technology and issues associated with planning, operation and maintenance of Transportation projects
Strengths & Skills
- Combined design and construction management experience across the full project lifecycle
- Project, resource and financial management skills
- Experience in leading project teams during both design and construction project phases
- Well-developed network of Transportation and Infrastructure clients
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and productive relationships with Client’s, regulatory bodies, communities and other key stakeholders
Acciona, Design Manager 2015 – 2016
- Sydney Light Rail Project – responsibilities included delivery of the track, road, civil and urban design for the Randwick and Kingsford sections of the project. Interface management of client, key project stakeholders and alliance partners to ensure design meets the project legislative and technical requirements.
Laing O’Rourke, Design Manager 2015
- Transport Interchange Project – responsibilities included management of all project stakeholders for the client, to ensure project scope and technical requirements are met. Day to day management of a team of up to 40 consultants for the design delivery and safety assurance requirements for the project.
Design Manager, 2014
- Clyde Junction Project – responsible for the day to day management of the design team consisting of 20 designers & drafters and delivery of the design scope for the project. Act as the client interface for the design scope of works working closely with the client to ensure all technical requirements are met.
Project Engineer , 2013 - 2014
- Responsible for the management of design consultants through the bid phase including development of engineering and alternative design and construction solutions. Developing detailed construction methodologies, construction programs and preparing cost estimates.
Project Engineer, 2012 - 2013
- Auburn Stabling Yard – responsible for the delivery of the civil structures and drainage package of works including 500m post and panel, piled retaining wall and large trunk drainage line (1800mm dia). Constructability reviews of detailed design to determine project efficiencies to reduce project time and costs.
Design Co-ordinator, 2011 - 2012
- Auburn Stabling Yard – responsible for delivering the detailed design, including day to day management of a team of up to 40 external consultants.
Novo Rail Alliance, Design Manager 2011
- Traction Substation Upgrades (TSU) – responsible for the delivery of design packages for a portfolio of electrical substation and electrical feeder projects. Total value of TSU projects $30million. Management of the Alliance design team consisting of 15 designers and drafters working on TSU projects.
Site Engineer , 2009 – 2011
- Emu Plains Stabling Yard – responsible for the development of feasibility and concept designs for the building and civil structures packages. Development of construction methodologies and TOC budgets.
Laing O’Rourke, Site Engineer 2007 – 2009
- Hornsby Platform 5 & Stabling Project – responsible for the deliver the platform upgrade and station building works and bus interchange upgrade works. Construction management of car park upgrade works for the project.
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Bachelor of Engineering Civil, Diploma in Engineering Practice – UTS, 2011
- UB, Ballarat Advanced Diploma of Engineering Civil – UB Ballarat, 2004
- Cert III in Business, 2004
- Ballarat Secondary College Completed Victorian Certificate of Education – Ballarat Secondary College, 1997