The Auburn Stabling Project provided stabling facilities for storage, rubbish removal and minor repairs. The project included both greenfield and brownfield works, with live rail connection to the Down Relief line and the interface with the Auburn Maintenance Facility and the Sydney Trains Auburn Maintenance Centre.
The role undertaken by Rail Planning Services was to manage all construction and operation interfaces.
Specific scope included:
- Identifying Enabling Works required;
- Producing detailed construction staging diagrams;
- Programs of stages (including possession requirements);
- Detailed constructability reviews on designs;
- Identification of critical resource requirements; and
- Managing stakeholder expectations and commissioning requirements.