The Sydney Metro EDS program aims to reduce schedule risk for the construction of the new integrated Sydney Metro. Rail Planning Services were engaged to provide constructability advice associated with the preparation of the concept designs at various locations along the alignment (e.g. Westmead, North Strathfield). Scope of services include:
- Supporting the design team in identifying options that allow continuous operation of the existing railway during the construction of the works;
- Development and documentation of construction methodologies;
- Identification of site establishment activities (including identification of suitable site compound and laydown areas);
- Develop construction operations staging plans;
- Develop traffic and pedestrian management plans for temporary access arrangements for each construction stage;
- Create possessions strategies; and
- Identify and document any required concessions to ASA standards.
Our team ensured the constructability considerations were integrated into the design solutions to minimise potential impacts during construction.