The Metrolinx Transit Program connects the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area via three new transit lines; Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit (19km of new track), Finch West Light Rail Transit (11km new track) and York Viva Bus Rapid Transit (34km of planned routes).
Rail Planning Services were approached to provide a program review of all rail components, including:
- Review of track access and methods;
- Refining track access opportunities and work methods;
- Examining lineside protection opportunities for safe systems of work close to running lines to enhance program production and additional works during standard working hours;
- Assessment of alternate methods where increased track access is restricted (for example directional bores, pipe jacking, canopy tubes for crossings in lieu of open cut trenching);
- Milestone alignment;
- Program savings (considering functional alignment between disciplines);
- A critical review of milestones to yield program efficiencies; and
- Reviews of production rate challenges (e.g. OCS foundation installation, track construction installation).