The MTMS Stage 3 & 4 program is an integrated delivery plan to implement service improvements to:
- Central Sydney Capacity Upgrade (STAR 2 & 3 including power upgrade;
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line Transformation;
- T8 Transformation;
- Sydney Metro City and Southwest Integration;
- T5 Fleet Build Up; and
- Digital Systems roll out targeting critical and life expired assets.
Rail Planning Services was engaged by the FutureRail JV as part of the MTMS 3 & 4 Technical Advisor team to undertake constructability reviews, program and staging development. Responsibilities included:
- Development of construction programs;
- Constraints of network operation;
- Possessions regimes;
- Constructability in design development prior to client submission;
- Review of competing projects and interface issues identification of network identification delivery risks and opportunities;
- Timetable modelling and scheduling; and
- Rail/road interface analysis.