The Transport Access Program (TAP) is a NSW Government initiative delivering safe, modern and accessible public transport infrastructure across the state. Gartner Rose are the principal contractor for upgrades at various Sydney Trains stations. These upgrades generally involve installation of lifts which require additional power and hence a power supply upgrade. Electrical upgrade works are delivered by Gartner Rose’s electrical contractor.
Rail Planning Services has provided Gartner Rose Electrical Engineering advice and commissioning management, including the review of concept and detailed electrical designs (HV, LV & E&B) and workshop drawings for constructability and staging.
Specific scope included:
- Review of electrical FAT reports;
- Assistance with provision of electrical CCB gate approval information;
- Risk workshops;
- Co-ordination with Ausgrid and GR’s ASP;
- Prepared, updated & finalised the Electrical Commissioning Event Plan for the new padmount;
- Reviewed padmount electrical ITP’s;
- Organised/ supervised all padmount pre-commissioning inspection and testing;
- Attendance at pre-commissioning meetings with Sydney Trains asset management and installation inspector staff;
- Co-ordination of program and resources for electrical commissioning activities including 11kV feeder relocation;
- Organised and supervised padmount commissioning events;
- Assisted with provision of Sydney Trains Electrical Asset Information;
- Preparation, updating and finalising of commissioning report for new padmounts;
- Attendance at handover meetings with Sydney Trains asset management; and
- Installation inspector staff and assistance with electrical defect closeout as required.